King Basil: a bouncy script font!by geekmissy in Calligraphy, Fonts, ScriptAsk a question
Instant Digital Download
Access the files immediately after the payment is confirmed. We will also send you an email with the file and store it into your Crella account.
Introducing King Basil: 421 glyphs, including A-Z, a-z, 0-9, tons of punctuation, 24 ligature sets, 163 accented characters, entry swash alternates for all uppercase and lowercase letters, exit swash alternates for all lowercase characters … this sucker has a ton of features!
All characters were hand-drawn on paper (with a Tombow brush pen), then scanned and imported, then the vectors were cleaned up and smoothed.
King Basil includes:
– OTF and TTF file formats
– Uppercase characters A-Z
– Lowercase characters a-z
– Numbers 0-9; Full punctuation
– Stylistic alternates for specific letters (such as uppercase F and T)
– Entry swash alternates for uppercase A-Z and lowercase a-z (mapped to Swash option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Left” file)
– Exit swash alternates for lowercase a-z (mapped to Stylistic Alternates option, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Right” file)
– 15 double-letter ligatures (mapped as ligatures, and also included in a separate “King-Basil-Doubles” file)
– 163 accented characters
– All characters accessible through character map / PUA encoded
Note: This font is formerly known as “Spiffy McGee.”
King-Basil.zip (260 KB):
Missy Meyer: Font maker, illustrator, romance novelist, cat lady, Jeopardy! silver medalist. Fun and friendly fonts, made smooth and clean for cutting, crafting, and more!